We’re excited to announce the launch of The Future is Female Mentorship Program. The program is a Public Relations (PR) and communications mentorship program dedicated exclusively to the business development needs of African Tech female founders.
We’ve launched The Future is Female Mentorship Program to provide the underserved market of African female founders of early-stage start-ups with the PR and communications insights, knowledge, and skills needed to gain more visibility and grow their business. The program is aimed at African women based on the continent or in the Diaspora, and are launching or growing a tech business for African markets or serving Africans in the Diaspora.
Ten African female founders will be selected to participate in the inaugural The Future is Female Program, and become members of the Class of 2020. The program will take place virtually, and we invite mentees to participate in a group master class hosted on Zoom, followed by three online one hour, one-on-one sessions. We will align the customized individual sessions with the needs of each mentee and their business development goals. The program is complimentary and led by CMM MD/founder Claudine Moore with participation from CMM team members and corporate partners.
We are giving special consideration to start-ups that focus on health, education, finance, agriculture, and sustainability. In addition, start-ups that provide solutions and/or address the needs of African women and girls will also receive special consideration.
Once you have completed this program, you will own insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications, and understand how to leverage this knowledge to gain visibility, grow your business, and build your brand.
If you are a female-founded African start-up, with a fantastic service or product and want to learn how to leverage PR and communications to elevate your growing company, my madam this program is for you!
We are interested in resilient, resourceful, and savvy female founders with some demonstrated traction in building their tech-enabled business; we require that:
- The business is less than two years old.
- You are female-founded or have at least one woman who is part of the co-founder team.
- Your company is Africa-focused serving African markets or Africans in the Diaspora.
- The company is an early-stage start-up (pre-series A investment).
- You have a business plan in place.
- You have a minimum viable product (MVP)
- You have launched your start-up and have initial traction (i.e., money, users, etc.)
While we welcome applications from a vast cross-section of businesses and sectors, start-ups that focus on health, education, finance, agriculture, and sustainability will be given special consideration. We will also pay special attention to businesses that address the needs/service African women and girls in African markets or the Diaspora.
What The Future is Female Mentorship Program provides for African female founders?
- A customized online master class with Claudine Moore MD/Founder, CMM and Adjunct Professor, New York University
- Insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications for Africa-focused start-ups
- Practical examples of how to incorporate storytelling into your communications
- A topline review of The Three T’s: Theme, Tone, and Timing of communications and content creation
- Information on how to create an actionable communications campaign
- An overview of media relations with an outline of the differences between the hyper-local, regional and global press
- COVID Communications: Learn how the media landscape has changed and how this affects your business
- Tips on business relationship development with a cross-section of stakeholders
- Three one hour one-on-one mentoring sessions specific to your business and sector
The application portal to apply for The Future is Female Mentorship Program will open at noon (WAT) on Monday, June 8, 2020, and close at 11:59 pm (WAT) on Monday, June 29.
We will announce the successful female founders on Monday, July 20.
Follow #CMMtheFutureIsFemale on social media for updates on the program.
Follow @CMooreMedia and @ClaudineMoore on Twitter and Instagram for announcements.
Visit www.cmooremedia.com and www.claudinemoore.com for regular news and updates.